Friday 5 December 2014

'Fake Friends'

One of the reasons I chose not to share this blog with anyone I know is so that I can post about things going on in my life, without people thinking it is directly linked to them, or our relationship.

Hence why I am now choosing to go on a ramble about fake friends. 
In high school fake friends were those who almost had to pretend to be your friends for a variety of reasons;

  • You were in their group
  • You were in their class
  • You had to see them every day
But post school there is a choice. You get the distinct choice of who you wish to surround yourself with and who you wish to completely cut out of your life. 

Unfortunately, I have experienced something completely different. I cannot understand how it is that it has not turned out how I thought it would.

So I have this friend, who I have known for a while. And.. lets call them Alex.

Alex has always had a fair group of friends, i was usually one of them, but that has been a bit of an on-off thing for the duration of school. Now that we've left school, I feel like more of a hassle than a friend. It seems a chore to have to catch up and I'm always the one putting in the effort.

Quite frankly friends are meant to make a mark on your life, mean something to you. Alex? Well Alex used to...

I don't know if its the hour of night, or the fact that I have come to terms with the fact that I don't need anything from fake friends.

But that's just me.

Kindly and Considerably
CACL.

No comments:

Post a Comment